Monday, February 9, 2015

RED CHERRY EYELASHES: MY FAVORITE FALSIES




Hello, you lovely lot! Recently, my social life has been taking a turn for the better, and I find myself going out more and more on weekend evenings. This being said, I now have more excuses to explore new makeup looks. This experimentation has resulted in bold lips, dark brows, and lots of false eyelashes. Today, I wanted to share with you my favorite eyelash brand that I've come across so far: Red Cherry eyelashes.

Unlike the majority of false lash brands, the Red Cherry eyelashes have very, very thin bands. This was the original selling point for me. I've been through a plethora of lashes, the bulk of which have thick, obnoxious, black bands. I personally find that it's very difficult to hide these bands on my eyelash line without using a lot of dark eyeliner, so thin bands were a breath of (very) fresh air.





















Now, lets acknowledge the elephant in the room. The Red Cherry lashes are made of 100% human hair. I know what you're thinking, what in the world does that mean!? After some frantic Google searching, I found that it is true, the lashes are literally made from hair. Don't get your knickers in a twist, the hair is unquestionably clean, and comes from people's heads. To be quite honest, I expected the hair to come from somewhere unwanted, but my fears have been dissolved. The human hair is actually very comfortable to wear, and gives the lashes an undeniably natural appearance (or as natural as false lashes can look!). 

Now, some words in regards to the product number 523. Red Cherry offers hundreds of lash styles that vary in length, color, style, and thickness. They are also sold in individual parts! I like the 523 lashes because they add a lot of length to my stubby lashes, but still have a natural effect. But don't get me wring, there are plenty of other styles I like too. These just work best for my not-so-glamorous nights out to dinner with friends or parties. If I were to go to a wedding or perhaps walk the Red Carpet (which is highly unlikely), I would opt for some thicker lashes. You can preview every style of lashes here




There are a profound number of ways to buy Red Cherry eyelashes. I buy mine in bulk from Amazon, but they are also sold though Ebay and plenty of cosmetics websites! Just make sure you know the product number for the specific lashes you want! And a fair warning: unlike a lot of lash brands, these don't come with an adhesive included. So if you don't own an eyelash glue, I suggest you purchase a bit before your lashes arrive!

Now that you've read an overview of Red Cherry's strong suits, it's very obvious as to why they are my favorite eyelash brand. They aren't typically the cheapest eyelashes available, but I think that they are completely worth their price. I get around five uses out of each pair on average, and they truly make a huge difference. I apply them after I have layered my actual eyelashes with some mascara, and they stay on all night! They are so comfortable and super elegant. I highly doubt that I'll be using any other eyelash brands any time soon. 

What brands of false lashes do you use? Have you used Red Cherry, and do you like them?!





1 comment:

  1. For the last few years I have been a hardcore Eyelure girl and compeltely in love with the Katy Perry lashes, but these look great, I have been seeing them around quite a bit recently and think I might just give them a go!

    Hannah | Granite City Girl

    ReplyDelete