Tuesday, January 13, 2015

LUSH PURCHASES

Greetings my LUSH-loving friends!

This past Saturday I embarked on my bimonthly trip to LUSH with the simple intentions of picking up a facemask or two. I wholeheartedly adore the fresh face masks LUSH produces. My skin responds super well to them and I love how they are packed full of active ingredients that work hard to provide my face with everything it needs to looks smooth and fabulous. But, when I arrived at the store, I was abruptly informed that the location had not received their weekly shipment of masks. This broke my heart. So, to heal the pain I decided to partake in some retail therapy and found myself wandering around the hair and soap sections.

It's kind of silly to think that I made the journey to my nearest LUSH store with a single specific purchase in mind and left with what seemed to be everything besides it. So, here are my lovely and varied LUSH purchases! (I don't think I bought enough to make this qualify as a haul.) I've only tried a few of these products so far, but if I like them maybe they will find their way into my upcoming "January Favorites" post! Here we go!!

1. SUGAR SCRUB

I have yet to try this little green bar of beauty, but I purchased it because my skin is very dry and could use the exfoliating. I have no doubt in my mind that it will work wonders!



2. BIG SHAMPOO

Wow. That's honestly the only word I have to describe this amazing container of awesomeness. Where has it been all my life?! My hair is generally very thin and limp, and after my first use of this shampoo I noticed a significant change in its volume. Isn't that crazy? It must be the sea salt. I've never seen results as quickly as I have with this product. I now feel like a woman with really big hair even though it's still pretty small (a girl can dream, can't she?!). I'm so thankful fate brought me and this shampoo together.





















3. BIG CONDITIONER 

As a result of picking up the Big Shampoo, I felt the need to buy its little friend, the Big Conditioner. It just wouldn't be right to buy one instead of the other. I haven't noticed anything insanely amazing with this conditioner yet, but maybe I will in the future. Fingers crossed!

*I understand that this photo looks icky, but it's the best I could do! This is what it looks like!


4. MASK OF MAGNAMINTY 

Since I couldn't buy myself a fresh face mask, I opted for another mask I found while roaming around. The Mask of Magnaminty doesn't need to be refrigerated and lasts for around three months rather than three weeks (which is the lifespan of a fresh face mask), according to the sales associate that helped me. She explained that this mask was a lot like the Cupcake fresh face mask (my favorite!!), but had a few differences as well. I decided to buy it because my skin needs a good pamper, and boy am I glad that I did. IT FEELS SO GOOD. I've only use it once so far but it's safe to say that I'm already absolutely obsessed with it. It feels so minty and cool on my skin and has little lumps that gently exfoliate when I wash it off. It left my face feeling so fresh, smooth, and clean. I'm never using another facemask again! (Don't quote me on that.)


         
                                                       

















5. NO DROUGHT DRY SHAMPOO

I picked up this product because my hair gets very greasy if I don't wash it daily. However, I don't always have time to shower every single day, so I rely a lot on dry shampoo. But my problem is that I haven't found a dry shampoo that has worked very well in my hair yet (any suggestions?). I haven't tried this product yet but I am really hoping that it works really well in my hair and my search for the perfect dry shampoo is over.



6. SEA SPRAY HAIR MIST

This product is said to give hair a beachy texture as well as some volume, two of my favorite things! I usually use the Not Your Mother's "Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray", but I really wanted a volumizing product. So, my adventurous side decided to put aside the product I'm used to and try out new ones! I haven't used it yet but I have high expectations!



7. BREATH OF GOD TOOTHY TABS

I've actually tried this product before and I liked it so much that I bought it again! These tabs taste a little funky when you chew them up, but to be honest my teeth have never felt so clean after using them. The tabs foam up so nicely and I feel like I'm being kind to my teeth by using the earthy ingredients in the Toothy Tabs rather than whatever may be in actual toothpaste. Don't get me wrong, I don't think actual toothpaste is necessarily harmful, I just think the tabs are  lot less harsh and a lot more gentle on the teeth.

*Please forgive this photo, this is the box of my old set of Toothy Tabs. My new box is at my friend's apartment.


I absolutely recommend LUSH to anyone, as they use gentle ingredients and care about providing your body with the best products possible. What are your favorite LUSH items?




8 comments:

  1. I'm going to lush tomorrow - I always want to get some toothy tabs but I never know how I'm meant to use them! I'll have to take a look, I think.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I need to try some of these out! I walked past this store and now I wish I didnt! I would love to try the face and body mask! I've been looking for a good facial mask to use!

    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sugar scrub is my all time Lush fave! Looks like you've got some great buys!

    Becca
    www.QueenBeeBecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lush is my favourite place, I really want to try this sea salt shampoo! I need some volume in my hair too!

    www.laurieelle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I'm gonna have to try out the 'big' sea salt shampoo... forever needing bigger hair!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Mask of Magnaminty!

    ReplyDelete