Friday, January 2, 2015

Taylor Swift Strikes Again

This morning as I was trolling through the internet I came across a video that made my entire day. "Taylor Swift's Gift Giving of 2014" was released on Taylor's YouTube channel just two days ago and has already been viewed over six million times. The video is essentially a story of Taylor preparing presents for some of her fans in honor of the holiday season. Surprisingly, watching the personal footage of Taylor carefully wrapping (and not-so-carefully bubble wrapping) big and small boxes while chatting with her cats was not the highlight of the production. The most heart-warming moments were those that showed the documented first reactions of the gift recipients.

There were tears, smiles, screams, and looks of pure joy as some of the biggest "Swifies" opened their packages and read Taylor's long, personal hand written letters to them. As if this wasn't amazing enough, Taylor took everything a step further when she left New York City and drove to Connecticut in order to personally deliver some special gifts. Yup, that's right, Taylor took a journey and delivered presents to the son of one of her fans. Right when I thought Taylor couldn't get any more awesome, she did. Take a look for yourself!




Are you a blubbery mess yet?! This video somehow simultaneously melted my heart and made it swell with happiness. The unconditional love between Taylor and her fans is crystal clear, and was enhanced even more (if that was even possible) through this video.

It's comforting to know that even when extremely famous, Taylor still takes the time to make her fans feel special and recognized. Her adorable personality shone through her gift selections and the tidbits of her letters that were read aloud. The time and effort Taylor put into this definitely didn't go unnoticed. I applaud you, Taylor!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan but I actually teared up over this!! She gets a lot of hate and maybe she does act immature sometimes but this video proved just how awesome she is. I can really respect that and honestly if I was a celebrity, I hope I would be like her.

    ReplyDelete