Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Monday Survival Guide

Mondays are terrible. This is a fact (or concept) embedded into every burrow and crevice of our brains. If someone says "Monday", I respond with "No thank you". It's like the human mind is pre-programmed with a severe loathing of the rebirth of a new week. Even if the sun is shining and you find yourself feeling fresh and rejuvenated, you will still find ways to despise Mondays. Everyone can relate to the "Monday morning feeling". Symptoms of such a feeling include a craving for sleep, a shorter temper than usual, a longing for the precious Friday-Sunday that you were forced to leave behind and a need for a never-ending cup of coffee or tea. Absolutely tragic. So, on a brighter note, here are some tips on how to make the first day of the week a little more tolerable! 

1. FOOD 
Ah, yes, food. Simple, sensational, scrumptious food. We all need it for survival, so let's use it to our advantage. I don't know about you, but eating is always a pick-me-up for whenever I feel even the slightest twinge of sadness. If it's time for you to face work, school, or whatever else Monday is throwing straight at your face (at approximately 90 mph), food is the answer. I personally stash some of my favorite goodies in my purse and I look forward to consuming them as my day goes on. For example, during my third period biology class I find myself fantasizing about fourth period, which is exactly when I will be able to consume vanilla yogurt. Yum. Use food as motivation to get through the long day, and anticipate the moments of bliss that will be spent munching and crunching.

2. MUSIC 
Let the beat rock. Any moment that you possibly can, plug in your headphones and listen to your favorite tunes. A long car ride to work? Stuck in traffic? Forced to run errands or complete an extensive assignment? Turn up the music and tune down the sour aura of a Monday. Even the slightest beats of a good song can change your attitude about whatever you are about to do. Don't be afraid to sing a little too! No shame my friends, no shame.

3. COMPANIONSHIP 
Instead of sitting around and brooding about the death of yet another weekend, take the time to reach out to someone who makes you smile. It could be anyone; A parent, a sibling, a close friend, or someone you haven't spoken to in awhile. Trust me when I say that the contact made between you and a special someone (in either a romantic or platonic way) will make your day a whole lot better. Ask them how their day is going, tell them you miss them, discuss current events, anything can start a conversation. This will leave you with something to smile about, and maybe even plans for later in the evening! Human contact is vital! 

4. JOKES 
Knock Knock? The Internet is our friend (most of the time), so let's use it. Pay a visit to your go-to search engine and look up some corny jokes. Read them, laugh at them, write them down, share them with others. Make people laugh, force them enjoy their Monday as much as you are! (But do not physically force them because that could ruin their day, and let's be real, it's just not nice) Look at it this way, you will both be giggling, and making others happy is a satisfying feeling.

5. PICTURES OF BABY ANIMALS 
I think that this one speaks for itself. Here are a few of my favorites! 













All photos found on Google Images  

11 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Baby animals definitely keep me alive through monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! The baby animals are sooooooo cute :o

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is great forbidding your mood and those little babies! Omg! The deer, absolutely adorable
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw cute animals always cheers me up lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food and baby animals are saviours, they can fix probably most issues in the world. How cute is that deer, oh my god. Who even needs friends with pictures that sweet?!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post :) A combination of all the best things! www.clashingtime.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog through the #bhtwitterparty! So glad I found this post, I've had a rough Tuesday and this has really cheered me up :D x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pictures of baby animals make any day better! That duckling is the cutest <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww these babies just put a big smile on my face. Day = made! Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww Food always gets me :) but omg those pictures for them baby animals are just ADORABLEEE!! Made me smile!

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Food solves everything haha and those baby animals awwww!!!

    Kathryn
    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete